Haiti

Posted: Thursday, July 1, 2010 by Michael Elkins in
0

I know I have posted this before, but I am putting it on here again!  I am leaving for Haiti on Monday, @ like 2am, and I am extremely excited about it!  Also, I am nervous.  I know I shouldn't be, but I am.  It is a good nervous though and it is good for me to do this and expand my comfort zone.  I guess the idea of not know what to expect it was gets me the most.  The more I think about it though the more I should try to live my life in this way.  I want to live a life that was full of adventure because I did things that were uncomfortable.  We all should try to do this.  I don't want to live a predictable and boring life.  In Elevate we are talking about how God wants to Rescue us from an ordinary life and it is effecting me a lot.  John 10:10 says, "The thief comes to kill and destroy but I (God) comes to give life and give it to the fullest."  God wants us to have a full life.  Satan wants to destroy us.  I am also asking you to pray for our group.  We are going with several adults and teens and I have talked to many that feel the same way I do.  So PLEASE pray that we will be bold and be smart at the same time!  Thanks.

0 comments: