Long time, no talk to.

Posted: Friday, September 3, 2010 by Michael Elkins in
0

It has been a while since I have updated the blog, way to long actually.  I have been somewhat busy lately during these summer months and a lot has happened.  The big thing I have not reported on here is that Mickey and I are expecting another child!  I can not put into words how excited I am for another bambino. I love being a father.  Emma is getting really big and talking a lot.  My favorite thing she does is run up and hug me when I come in from work and just that look of excitement on her face and she utters those words every parent loves to hear...."ove daddy" (aka. love daddy).  That right there makes any day a great day.  As a parent I wonder if God desires the same thing as He is our parent.  Not all our duties and services, but our hearts.  Sometimes we run, run, run and work, work, work, and I wonder if really He is just saying, "I want to hear you say you love me."  I mean my daughter, not even being 2 yet, has so much faith in me.  it is her nature to trust me.  When she is scared she runs to me and latches onto my leg and tries to monkey climb up my body.  When she is happy she runs to me with a huge smile.  This is the type of faith we should have.  Our faith isn't in things but in a person.  God.
     Also, we went on vacation this summer to Destin FL.  We have gone there since we were kids and it is cool being able to take our kids there now.  Vacation is way more fun with little kids by the way.  It gives me a reason to act like a little kid again :)  I posted a few pics here but for more you can look on my facebook...also, I am for hire;)

Coming up is my favorite time of year...fall.  It is a time when the weather starts to cool down, which is always nice.  It also means football season is here.  More specifically, college football.  As you can guess my favorite team is University of Michigan.  It has been since I was a little kid.  I remember as a little kid watching games with my dad and dreaming one day of running onto that field, obviously, that did not happen, but I made my peace with that.
The last thing I want to talk about is my wife.  She is great.  I sometimes wonder how I got so lucky.  I mean what did I do to get her.  Yesterday I cam in and I noticed all the kitchen chairs were missing and when I investigated further I realized she had made a fort for her and Emma to play in, read books in and watch a movie in.  She is a great mother.  Our kids are very lucky!  I love her very much.
     Well, I know this was random, but that is kinda how my summer has gone.  It has been a crazy one and excited for this new season in life.  Thanks for reading!

0 comments: